Tamarind (Tamarindus indica) trees are quite tall and are quite popular. These are dense and proving shade, that’s why these are grown along the roadsides. Tamarind is quite a common tree.
Unripe tamarind it is bitter and heavy and cures gas formation it cures pitta cough and blood disorders.
Promotes digestive functions it is dry and purgative it is hot and cures kapha and vata.
Cure urinary disorders have binding properties enhance and maintain potency.
MEDICINAL USAGE AND BENEFITS
Gargle with tamarind water, cures mouth problems due to pita.
Soak 5gm tamarind in a glass of water. Crush it and stain the solution. Mix sugar in it and give this to the patient. It cures headache due to pitta.
In case of boil or acne on eye lips, rub the tamarind seed with water and apply the paste on the boil.
Tie the poultice of tamarind flowers on eye. It cures the swelling.
Boil 8 gm. tamarind in 4 liter water till water is reduced to half. Mix 13 ml rose water in the remaining solution. Strain the solution and use this to gargle. It cures swelling in the throat.
- Boil 12-15 gm. tamarind leaves in 500 ml water till water is reduced to ¼. Give this decoction to the patient. It cures diarrhea.
- Give 5-8 ml slightly warm juice of tamarind leaves to the patient.
- Grind 17 gm. peel of tamarind seeds, 7 gm. cumin seeds and palm jiggery. Give small amount of this powder to the patient to de taken orally. Give it 4- 6 times at an interval of 4-6 hours. It cures old diarrhea due to indigestion also.
- Give 4-6 gm. powder of tamarind seeds kernel, with water every morning and evening. It cures diarrhea and also diarrhea caused by indigestion.
- Take the bark of root of old tamarind tree and half the amount of black pepper. Mix the two in butter milk and prepare small tablets like the size of pea. Give 3-5 tablets thrice a day. It also cures diarrhea due to indigestion.
BLEEDING PILES: –
Give 11-20 gm. juice of its flowers thrice a day.
Give 10-20 gm. of its leaf juice after dipping a red hot iron rod 4-6 times a day. Continue this treatment for a few days.
Take its bark and rock salt in an earthen pot and burn them. Give 120mg of the white ash to the patient. It is very beneficial in curing stomach pain and indigestion.
DISINTEREST IN FOOD:-
Give water of ripe tamarind. It strengthens stomach, enhances appetite and cures all the wounds in intestines.
Crush 20gm tamarind in 400ml water and then strain the solution. Add 40gm sugar candy, 30gm cinnamon, 3gm cloves, 3gm cardamom in the solution. Give less than 3ml of this solution to the patient. This is beneficial in curing weakness.
Soak 120gm tamarind seeds in 200ml milk. After 2days, remove the peel and grind the solution. Give 5gm of this mixture every morning and evening with water or cow’s milk. It cures urinary disorders.
Mix tamarind seeds in lemon juice and apply on the affected area.
Mix 1-2gm powder of its bark with sweet oil and apply it on burnt area.
HIGH GRADE FEVER:-
Soak 20gm tamarind in glass of water overnight. Next day, strain the solution and mix Isabgol powder in it. Give this to the patient. It controls pitta fever.
Grind the pulp of fruit in cold water and apply on the bald head. It cures the impact of heat stroke and faintness.
Rinse the boils and wounds with decoction of its leaves.
Prepare cold infusion with tamarind leaves and turmeric. It cures small pox.