Panchakarma is derived from two Sanskrit words Pancha meaning five and Karma meaning Treatment. The five main procedures that are termed as panchakarma are Vaman, Virechan, two types of Vastis- Anuvasana Vasti & Nirooha Vasti and Nasya. These procedures aim at eliminating the vitiated doshas from the body or detoxifying the body hence these procedures are also regarded as Panchshodhana.
Before carrying out theses Panchakarma procedures, it is important to purify the body with Snehana (Oleation) and Swedana (fomentation). Snehana means to lubricate the body internally and externally either by administrating the medicated ghrits orally or by the application of the medicated oils over the body. With this process the fatty substance reach the deeper tissues and loosen up the toxins stuck in the cells. Swedana is done after Snehana process where in the doshas are liquefied and brought into the koshtha in order to eliminate them by inducing either Vaman or Virechan.
We, at Chandigarh Ayurved Centre, provide detoxifying and cleansing therapies that help in:-
- Opening up the blocked channels of the body or correcting srotas avarodha
- Improving the strength of the digestive fire.
- Speeding up the metabolism process
- Rejuvenating and nourishing the body cells and tissues
- Relaxing mind and body
- Boosting up the immune system
During and after Panchakarma Procedures, special detoxification diet should be consumed. Following behavioral program should be taken into consideration:-
- A minimum of mental and physical activity should be enjoyed during the treatment period.
- Meals should be taken in a settled atmosphere.
- Take in light regular meal.
- Avoid taking dry and spicy foods.
- Go to bed early and do not keep yourself awake for long hours.
- Do not suppress natural urges like urination, defaecation etc
- Avoid excessive sitting or walking. Do not sit or lie down for more than one hour at a stretch.
- Avoid exposure to cold, sun, wind or rain. Avoid too much air conditioning especially at night and do not heat your room too much in winters.
Stress, environmental pollutants and poor lifestyle creates a toxic load on the body that results in poor health. Panchakarma reverses this degenerative process quickly and its effects are often profound and long lasting.