Sinusitis also known as “Sinus Infection” is a very common condition that affects 16-20% of adults and children in which mostly diagnosed patients are women. The overall range of people suffering from sinus is 20%. It’s a painful inflammation caused by a viral, bacteria, or fungal infection. Hurdles faced by sinus patients are problem in breathing and congestion.
Symptoms of Sinusitis
There can be distinct symptoms but certain commonly seen symptoms are:-
- Headache, pain or pressure in the face or around eyes, greenish nasal discharge
- Pain and headache may get worse when bending over or lying down
- Fatigue, stiff neck, sore throat, stiff neck
- In some cases fever may also occur
Causes of Sinusitis
The cause of untold stitch strikes about 5 million people in a year in which 1 out of people are in India.
- Virus – Most of the sinus infections start with cold
- Allergies – As inflammations can block the nasal passages and prevent evacuations; allergies are often associated with sinus infection.
- Troublesome – Dust, external air pollution and strong essence like perfumes may play a vital role in coughing, irritation in nose that leads to inflammation enabling the risk of sinusitis.
- Swimming and Diving – Swimming in a pool where water is chlorinated can harm the nasal tissue and increase the chance of nasal blockage.
Diagnosis of Sinusitis
First and the foremost precaution for diagnosing chronic sinus is:-
- Evaluation through blood tests. Blood samples are taken in order to indentify underlying situations such as Cystic Fibrosis, Viral Bacteria. However mucus samples may also be obtained.
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan – Various scan images from various angles of the facial area with the help of special X-RAY appliances to identify tumors, cysts, inflammatory disease.
- Membrane Biopsy – It involves removing tissue and examining it under a microscope to see deeply the infection.
Ayurvedic Views On Sinusitis
The treatment of Ayurvedic helps attack the root cause of sinus therefore one can say that the treatment vanishes the diseases completely. As the sinus exercitation again, you not only feel better but mucus membrane are stopped too and the immune system goes back to normal. This sinus infection is very divergent from cold infections, which can be generally caused by changing weather and virus. Ayurveda, the ancient “Science of life” is not only one of the oldest methods of health care in the world but one of the most efficient ways of treating diseases. Ayurveda has been given a specific place in the world of diseases and has successfully obtained good outcomes. In case of allergies, Ayurveda has a holistic approach. From Ayurveda point of view, allergy occurs in reaction to a certain food or type of environment. So, Ayurveda clinic has to determine which qualities are out of track and balance and what hurdles are coinciding the problem.
Treatment of Sinusitis
Sinusitis patients must restrain from the following causative factors:-
- Steam Inhalation – The most effective way to cure sinus is by inhaling steamed Holy Basil (TULSI) 5-6 times a day. It is genuinely effective. Doing Yogic breathing in form of forced exhalation can help extract nasal pollutants.
- Avoid intake of milk, sugar, coffee, oily eatables made of gram flour. Also soft drinks, bread, meat, liquor, cigarette must be avoided. Improvement in diet chart is the permanent treatment of the disease.
- Another remedy to cure sinusitis is the intake of ginger with honey. The mixture of ginger powder and jiggery should make the tablets weighing 5 grams (approx).
- Hebraized Oil Massage – It provides a broad soothing and proper balanced effect not only for sinusitis but for entire immune system. The motion of massage creates heat and friction which sets off circulation and help rejuvenates the tissue that has been affected by sinusitis.
- Strengthening Self Repair Process – Day by day the “human system” is regenerating and repairing itself. The self healing or cell regenerating is happening. However the body is helping itself by internal repair mechanism to leverage itself again and again.
Why Ayurvedic Products Over Modern Medicines?
- An Ayurvedic physician is very well known about the body problems and can heal any kind of problem, be it a simple fever or a major one. He takes into consideration entire body.
- Ayurveda believes in curing at the end. It cures all forms of diseases which modern medicines cannot cure.
- Ayurveda has no side effects on the patients once the treatment is over.
- On contrary, modern medicines has “n” number of side effects after the completion of treatment and the side effects caused need to b treated further with other medicines.
- One of the best part and proud part about Ayurveda is that, it has cured Schizophrenia and diabetes.
Click here to consult Vaidya Jagjit Singh
Latest posts by Vaidya Jagjit Singh (see all)
- How to Treat & Prevent Tension Headaches? - January 7, 2019
- Herbal Remedies for Schizophrenia, Ayurvedic Treatment – Causes & Symptoms - January 3, 2019
- ANXIETY - January 2, 2019