( PARINAMA SHOOLA)
A peptic ulcer is an erosion or sore in the stomach (gastric ulcer) or the first few centimeter of the duodenum ( duodenal ulcer), that penetrates through the muscularis mucosa .
1. Helicobacter pylori
3.Smoking 4.Radiation therapy
5. Use of NSAIDs such as aspirin and ibuprofen .
6.Spicy foods do not cause ulcers, but can make them worse .
1.The pain is usually in the upper middle part of the abdomen .
2. The pain can feels like burning or gnawing , and it may go through to the back 3.Nausea
5.Loss of appetite
6.Loss of weight .
Upashaya and Anupashaya
Samanya Vishesa Siddhanta is applied in all fields of Ayurveda . The extension of this siddhanta in the form of Upashaya and Anupashaya respectively is used for diagnosis of a disease as well as for therapeutics . The avoidance of factors that aggeavate the Shula and Indulgence in those that relieve the Shula is advisable. Upashaya
Relieving factors for Parinama Shula are:
1. Immediately after Bhojana
2. Following vomiting
3. On completion of aharapachana
4.Vataja parinama shula : Shingdha, ushna annapana
5. Pittaja parinama shula : Sita annapana
6. Kaphaja parinama : Katu , tikta annapana . Anupashaya
1. Inspect the stool , and test it for occult blood .
2. Fiberoptic endoscopy or a double –contrast barium study of the upper GI tract.
3. Test for the presence of H pylori infection .
Principles of Treatment
Vamana is indicated when the dosa is Amashayagata and is Kaphaja Parinama Shoola.
Virechana is indicated when the dosa are in the Pachyamanashya and in Pittaja Parinama Shoola.
Basti indicated in chronic stage
Pachana , Vataulomana.
1. Shamana Snehapana – MTG 20 ml BD with milk
2. Avapeedaka Sneha with Dadima Ghrita
3. Vamana is to be performed using Tikta and Madhura dravya . The dravya to be used are Madanpala kvatha with ksira , kantakari rasa, Nimba kvatha or katutumbi rasa , Akanthaapana of any of the above is indicated. 4.Virechana with Trivrit , Danti or Eranda taila.
5. Yashtimadhu Ksheerabasti
6. Shirodhara, Takradhara.
Amalaki , Yashtimadhu, Shatavari, Patola ,Mandoora Bhasma, Pravala Pisti.
Amalaki rasayana, Drakshamalaka leha, Dhari Loha, Saptamrita loha, Ksheera Mandoora, Shatavari Mandora.
1. Sutashekara rasa – 1-2 tab with water thrice a day before meal
2. Kamadugha rasa – 1-2 tab with water thrice a day before meal 3.Tiktaka Ghrita -1-2 tsf with warm water twice a day before meal
4.Avipattikara churna -1-2 tsf with warm milk twice a day before meal 5.Shatavri ghrita- 1-2 tsf with milk twice a day before meal 6.Shatavri –yashthimadhu ksheerapaka – 30 ml BD 7.Bhunimbadi kashaya – 20 ml TID 8.Saptamrita lauha – 250 -500 mg TID BF with milk 9.Shatavari Mandoora -250-500 mg TID BF with milk
10. Ksheera Mandoora -250-500mg TID with milk
11. Pravala panchamrita rasa -250-500 TID with milk
12. Syrup Himcocid – 1-2 tsf with water thrice a day before meal
13. Syrup Amlapitta Mishrana -2tsf TID before meal. Yoga Therapy
13. Pavanamuktasana Pranayama
Ujjayi , Kapalbharti
Om Mantra Chanting
Diet and Lifestyle
Pathya : Eating smaller meal , Drink water after 30 mint of the meal. Apathya: Avoid heavy, spicy ,sour, hot, too much oily food. Excessive or scanty and also taken too early or too late.
Avoid anxiety, worry ,anger, etc.
Avoid alcohol and acidic foods.
Avoid aspirin and other NSAIDs.
Don’t take anything in between meals except liquids. Suppression of the natural urges.
Avoiding the Pitta –aggravating diet , smoking, tobacco chewing ,alcohol. Presons of Pitta Prakriti should take purgation therapy once in year.
Latest posts by Vaidya Jagjit Singh (see all)
- How to Treat & Prevent Tension Headaches? - January 7, 2019
- Herbal Remedies for Schizophrenia, Ayurvedic Treatment – Causes & Symptoms - January 3, 2019
- ANXIETY - January 2, 2019